Koger Custom is a part of the Koger brand that captures all our Metal Forming and Fabrication Capabilities. We have the right people and the right equipment to create industry-specific products for specialized manufacturing processes. We are often outsourced by customers and competitors alike to fabricate their heavy-duty industrial and stainless steel projects.
Getting it Right.
We believe that the right people are the ones who have the right training and skills to understand which equipment and materials are right for the job. We feel that’s the right way to give our customers exactly what they need.
The Right Team of Experts.
We continually program, form and fabricate customized shapes for industrial applications. Our teams are made up of Project Managers, Computer Programmers and Shop Fabricators. The project managers are equipped with the latest CAD capabilities and our internal computer programmers develop the software that drives our plasma arc cutting systems. They both work with our shop fabricators, averaging 17 years of service, who are highly specialized in forming and fabricating industrial-strength assemblies and welcome new opportunities and challenges.
What We’re Capable Of.
Koger Air offers a range of metal shearing services to customers requiring these services. Metal shearing is a process for cutting sheet metal to size out of a larger stock such as roll stock. Shears are used as the preliminary step in preparing stock for stamping processes, or smaller blanks for CNC presses. We operate two metal shears with a maximum capacity to shear 10' of 1/4" thick mild steel plate to assist customers to produce custom fabricated metal parts.
- Koger Air offers two CNC plasma metal cutting machines with 10' x 16' cutting surfaces that have a maximum capacity to burn up to 2" mild steel plate.
- At Koger Air we offer sheet metal braking services to our customers since 1954. During our sheet metal braking process we use an open-frame single action press to bend, blank, corrugate, curl, notch, perforate, pierce, or punch sheet metal or plate. We operate three CNC press brakes with a maximum capacity of 320 tons able to break 14' of 3/8" mild steel plate.
At Koger Air we offer sheet metal blanking and sheet metal stamping services to our customers. Sheet metal blanking is cutting up a large sheet of stock into smaller pieces suitable for the next operation in stamping, such as drawing and forming. The blanking process is often combined with a piercing operation.
We operate a 500 ton CNC hydraulic state-of-the-art punch press with 48" x 48" bed, 24" open height and 6" shut height to create blanks in the custom fabricated metal parts.
Punching is the process of forming metal components using a punch. The punch is usually the upper member of the complete die assembly and is mounted on the slide or in a die set for alignment (except in the inverted die).
We operate two Iron Workers with a maximum capacity of 300 tons cutting and punching capabilities. Our steel metal punching service is very competitive, we use some of the most advanced and efficient punches available.
Koger Air Corporation provides specialized metal rolling and steel angle bending services. Steel rolling and steel angle bending is a continuous bending operation in the metal forming process during which either metal sheet or strip metal is plastically deformed along a linear axis by being passed through a series of roller dies that progressively shape and contour the metal.
Rolling (Flat Metal)
We operate four sheet steel rolling machines with a maximum capacity to roll 10' of 3/8" mild steel or 1/4" plate of abrasion resistant steel.
Rolling (Angle and Flat-Bar)
We offer five angle and flat-bar rolling machines capable of rolling angle iron 3" x 3" x 3/8" leg-out, 2" x 2" x 1/4" leg-in, and 3" x 3/8" flat-bar.
- At Koger Air our welding staff provides ARC welding, MIG welding and TIG welding to our customers. During the welding process two or more metal parts are permanently joined together by melting both materials. The molten materials quickly cool, and the two metals are permanently bonded.
- Up to 14′ of 3/8″ Mild Steel (A-36 Carbon) and Stainless Steel Plate
Rolling (Flat Metal)
- Up to 10′ of 3/8″ Mild Steel (A-36 Carbon) and Stainless Steel Plate or ¼” plate of AR Steel
Rolling (Angle and Flat Bar)
- Up to 3″ x 3″ x 3/8″ Leg-out Angle Iron, 2″ x 2″ x ¼” Leg-in Angle Iron,
- 3″ x 3/8″ flat bar, A-36 Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum
- Up to 10′ x ¼” thick Mild Steel (A-36) Plate and 3/16″ Stainless Steel Plate
Blanking, Drawing and Stamping
- CNC Plasma Cutting of Materials up to 2″ thick
- Semi-Automatic Vertical Band Saw cutting of large structural steel shapes such as beams, channel and angle
- Iron Workers and Punch Presses to Punch Clean Holes in a Variety of Applications
Welding – arc, mig, and tig welding; certified welders
Pipe Seam Welding
Cleaning and Painting
- Up to 2″ Mild Steel plate
- A-36 Carbon Steel Plates and Sheets, Hot or Cold Rolled
- Abrasive Resistant AR400F
- Stainless Steel Types 304 and 316
- Aluminum Types 3003, 5052, 6061
- Coated G90 Galvanized Sheets, Galvannealed Sheets